Thursday 13 March 2014

Blue! Mockingbirds! (Dear God, I'm so ALONE)

To be rather and pretty honest, I've always had a thing for the word 'mockingbird'. Maybe it's because of how much I love To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee or because of The Hunger Games (which I sadly haven't read? Maybe that's a sad thing?) since I love the idea of the Mockingjay but I. Just. Love. Mockingbirds.

All mockingbirds are fabulous in my eyes but I think my favorite mockingbird is the Blue Mockingbird (Melanotis Caerulescens). Just look at them!


What a gorgeous cutie patootie. Really reminds me of the Mockingjay from The Hunger Games.
But wait, there's more!


Not only are Blue Mockingbirds blue and real cool looking, they kinda look like thinner, longer crows!


They also look super elegant! Look at them tail feathers! That stance! The feathers on the neck and head!!

In short, I love Mockingbirds. Best songbird ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment